Our position towards the built environment cannot be limited to being a mere observer. We are part of it and that old dominant or complacent perspective has radically changed: proximity has replaced distance, uncertainty has weakened any framework, and complexity has destroyed harmony. This congress aims to address Uncertain Landscapes as a conceptual tool to rethink our way of being in the world, break disciplinary boundaries and seek new positions in the present, from the past and towards a more permeable future.
We call for submission of high quality work focusing on relevant, original and previously unpublished research.
Submitted papers/abstracts should fall into one of the six thematic areas proposed by the congress.
1. VULNERABILITIES, WEAKNESSES AND CONFLICTS.
2. TRANSDISCIPLINARY OR (IN)DISCIPLINARY
3. MATERIALS, INSTRUMENTS AND TRANSFORMATIONS
4. NARRATIVES FOR NEW HISTORY & STORIES. REVEALING INVISIBILITIES.
5. A COMMON CONSTRUCTION. POLICIES AND ACTIONS.
6. WALKING AND MIGRATING – MOVEMENT AS LANDSCAPE CONSTRUCTION
All accepted works will be published according to the information published in “Instructions for authors”, provided they are received within the appropriate deadline and are formatted according to the template and author guidelines.
Please click here for more information.